Skateboards are a great way to get around, but they’re not always easy to transport. If you’re looking for a way to protect your board from damage, or if you want to ensure that it’s protected from the elements and looks good when you’re done with it, then wrapping it may be the answer.
In this article, we’ll show you how to wrap a skateboard and how to do it safely. We’ll also explain what materials work best for the board and how much time it takes to cover your skateboard.
The phenomenon of wrapping the board is essential because it involves your personal touch- a touch of your choice, style and taste, and personality. The better you cover the skateboard, the better reflection of your character will be in the minds of others.
So, through this guideline, “how to wrap a skateboard”, you can better understand how to imprint a great impression of your personality in the minds of the people around you.
Wrap a Skateboard
What Do you need To Wrapping A Skateboard?
First, you must decide on the type of board you want to wrap. If it is a longboard, you can use masking tape. You will need to use duct tape if it is a shortboard.
Second, you need to know how much material you want to wrap your skateboard. The more material used, the more difficult it will be for people to remove from the skateboard when they want to ride it again.
Third, if your skateboard has wheels attached to it, make sure that the wheels are facing forward, so they do not get caught in the wrapping process.
In addition, make sure that there are no sharp edges or edges where pieces of tape may get stuck together during normal usage and removal by someone else.
The essentials you need are:
- A box
- Paper towels or tissue paper
- A marker or paint pen
- Tape (duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape)
- Some scissors
- A Cutter
- A Card Board Box
- A ruler or measuring tape
- A file or sandpaper if you have it (if not, use any rough surface).
All these things are readily available and not a heavy burden on your pocket.
Wrapping The Skateboard in Easy Steps
Find a flat surface to work on. You can use your kitchen table, but make sure it has no sharp edges that could scratch the wood. You can also use an old piece of cardboard under the skateboard to keep it from slipping around too much.
Before wrapping your skateboard in beautiful wrappers, cover it with a cardboard box to keep it in the best shape. Covering in a cardboard box will enhance the beauty of your wrapping skill.
Now follow these steps of skateboard wrapping:
Protecting a Skateboard
Wrap your skateboard carefully because you don’t want to damage it.
To come up with success, make sure your skateboard is completely clean, and there is no dust all around. Some areas of the board may have been exposed to dirt, so you’ll want to wipe them down with a damp cloth or brush before wrapping them in the box. If needed, you can also use an aerosol spray cleaner on some hard-to-reach areas.
Measure The Skateboard
Measure the skateboard for wrapping. The length of the board should be measured from the nose to the tail with a ruler or tape measure.
Measure the skateboard length from front to back with your tape measure. Then measure the skateboard width from side to side with your tape measure. Finally, measure the thickness of the wood on the edge where you want to wrap using a ruler or other straight edge.
This will give you the circumference of your skateboard’s core and determine how much material you need to wrap it.
Measure Your Cardboard Box
Measure Your Cardboard Box for wrapping the skateboard
1. Measure the length, width and height of the box. If you don’t have a tape measure, you can use a piece of string or paper to mark these dimensions on the box.
2. Measure the length, width, and height of your skateboard. You’ll need to account for any extra padding that might be needed around the edges or in the centre of your board because it will not fit into the standard dimensions of most boxes.
3. Calculate how long your skateboard needs to fit into your box without overlapping any edges or making it too tight for you to move around once it’s wrapped up properly.
4. Cut out cardboard pieces for each side of your skateboard slightly larger than what you measured earlier.
5. Make sure there is enough space for the wheels and axles.
Lay Flat to Skateboard and Cardboard
Now put the skateboard on the cardboard box and separate all the extras keeping sufficient space for the wheels, axels and bearings.
Enclose the Skate Board in the Cardboard Box
Make sure there is no damage or signs of wear and tear on the skateboard. Place the skateboard in the box, so it fits perfectly, with no gaps or extra space.
Fold up all sides of the box and check if they are smooth and intact before closing it up again. Close up all edges of the box and then tape them with masking or parcel tape to secure them properly.
Wrap the Skateboard Gift Using Cardboard Box
wrap the cardboard box with beautiful gift paper and ribbon. Then, after putting your skateboard in there, tie some twine around it, so it stays secure. You’re going to want to be careful as you do this. There’s a lot of force involved, so be sure not to drop anything or get too close to the edge of the box!
Once you’ve got everything wrapped up nice and tight, it’s time to get on with your day!
How to Gift Wrap a Skateboard
Now decorate the box using a beautiful ribbon. Tie the ribbon tightly in an attractive, presentable manner. Here use your imagination skill and get creative to make it appealing to the aesthetic senses.
How to plastic wrap the deck of a skateboard?
1. Clean the deck of any debris and dirt.
2. Cut the plastic wrap to fit around each side of the deck.
3. Fold the plastic wrap over itself, then fold it back in half to create a crease to stay in place when you put it on the deck.
4. Place one end of the plastic wrap onto one side of the deck, then make sure it’s straight and lays flat against the board before continuing to wrap around the other side similarly.
5. Lift one end of your plastic wrap and press down firmly against your deck, making sure there are no wrinkles or folds, then repeat with the other end of your plastic wrap until you’ve covered both sides completely with plastic wrap.
How to decorate a skateboard?
Decorating your skateboard is fun, making it look like a work of art. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some tips for decorating your skateboard:
1. Start with a clear coat to protect the wood from scratches and dents
2. Think about what you will put on your board: stickers, paint, or a combination of both?
3. Use tape to secure items that need to stay in place while you apply them or remove them later (like decals).
4. Don’t forget about your deck! If it’s too big for the rest of your board, use some tape or hot glue to ensure it stays in place during transportation and storage.
How to gift wrap a skateboard without a box?
If you’re looking to wrap a skateboard but don’t have a box handy, it’s not too difficult to do. Just follow these three easy steps:
1. Wrap the skateboard in newspaper or paper towels, so there are no creases in the tape.
2. Wrap the skateboard in paper towels or newspaper, so it is completely covered and secured with tape.
3. Put more tape over the first layer of paper towels/newspaper and continue wrapping until your board is securely wrapped!
How to wrap a disc shape?
The first thing you need to understand is that you will have to use tape. If you’re using string or rope, it’s going to be too loose, and if you’re using twine or yarn and the skateboard is too far away, it’s not going to work very well. So, the best way is to use some tape.
So, what kind of tape do you use? I like duct tape because it sticks well and is easy to apply and peel off. The other thing I like about duct tape is that it comes in different widths; so, if you need a little bit bigger piece of tape, or if you want one that’s thinner than standard widths, then duct tape allows for that.
How to wrap a skateboard involves creativity. The measurement of skateboarding needs your attention, and the possibilities of being creative are endless.
However, whatever way you adopt to make your skateboard appealing, the important thing is to wrap it carefully because you don’t want to damage it.
Make sure your skateboard is completely clean. Some areas of the board may have been exposed to dirt, so you’ll want to wipe them down with a damp cloth or brush.
Following our guide on wrapping a skateboard, you will end up with some eye-catching wrapping that appeals to the senses.